Vacancy Consular Officer / Management Assistant
The Consulate General of the Netherlands in São Paulo
is looking for a candidate to fill the full-time position of
Consular Officer / Management Assistant
This is a combined position; the employee will work both at the consular department and the
secretariat. The position is at first temporarily until 31/03/2019. Interested candidates should write
a letter including their specific motivation for applying for this job as well as a resume in English.
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is December 15th 2017. Interviews
will take place in December 2017 in São Paulo. Salary indication R$ 5.718.
• Attendance of the consular desk (applications of passports, visa, consular statements etc.)
• Administrative processing of above mentioned applications
• Answer inquiries (telephone and e-mail) about consular issues
• Manage the agendas of Head of Mission and Deputy Head of Mission
• Support of activities of economic cluster (appointments, seminars, workshops, etc.)
• Support of incoming missions (transport, gifts, enrolments, reservations, etc.)
• Organizing dinners and cocktail parties
• Executing multiple administrative tasks
• Updating CRM and archiving systems
• Ability to work well with others;
• Ability to plan and organize;
• Show initiative;
• Client orientation;
• Knowledge of secretarial management, as well as secretarial and administrative matters,
systems (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook) and equipment;
• Excellent communication skills. Fluency in Dutch, Portuguese and English, written and orally,
is a must and will be part of the assessment procedure;
• Non Brazilians should have a valid residency and work permit.
The Consulate General is an open and informal office at Faria Lima district in Sao Paulo. The main
tasks of the consulate are Consular affairs, Economic affairs (trade, innovation/technologycooperation,
acquisition) and Cultural affairs. The Consulate General currently employs 20 staff
members in total.